2015 Tahoe and Suburban Offer Increased Connectivity for Driver and Passengers
Everyone wants to be connected. How many times have you cursed waiting for Apple Maps to load your current location? Endured the whines as your kids can’t play their favorite games in the car because it would kill your data plan?
Chevrolet has been upping the ante on connectivity across its vehicle lines over the last year as the first and only car brand to bring built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi to cars, trucks and crossovers and now the 2015 Tahoe and Suburban get in on the action with a slew of offerings designed to keep the driver and all their passengers happily charged and connected to the outside world including:
- OnStar with 4G LTE with a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot is standard on both Tahoe and Suburban LT and LTZ models, providing a mobile hub for drivers and passengers to stay connected. The hotspot supports up to 10 devices and is on whenever the vehicle is on and comes with a three-month/three gigabyte data trial (whichever comes first), after which the customer can purchase additional data.
- The hands-free liftgate and wireless phone charging are included on both brands with the available Luxury Package on LT models and they’re standard on LTZ. The hands-free liftgate feature allows a customer with a keyless entry fob – and full hands – to open and close the liftgate by waving his or her foot under a sensor beneath the rear fascia.
- With the wireless phone charging feature, a magnetic inductive charging system allows users to simply place their phone on a small mat in the vehicle, where it wirelessly charges.
- Up to six USB ports and six power outlets – including a 110-volt three-prong outlet – to support electronic devices of all kinds for a total of up to 12 charging locations in the LS, LT, and LTZ models.
- Available rear-seat entertainment system with Blu-ray DVD player
The 2015 Tahoe and Suburban are now available at dealerships across the country.