New Lexus GS 450h F SPORT Package Makes Sedan Driving Fun
Just because it’s a hybrid sedan, that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun to drive. Lexus has stepped up its game with the new 2015 Lexus GS 450h F Sport package adding features for a more aggressive driving experience coupled with luxury.
The Lexus Hybrid Drive system in the 450h delivers 338 total system horsepower and is capable of going zero to 60 mph in 5.6 seconds while getting an EPA estimated 29 mpg city, 34 mpg highway and 31 mpg combined fuel economy ratings.
Lexus has also delivered on connectivity introducing Lexus Enform Remote (subscription required) which allows the owner to remotely view and control certain vehicle features using a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Key features include remote door lock/unlock; remote stop/start for the engine and climate control; vehicle finder, guest driver monitor and more.
As seen on the new 12.3-inch display screen, the Lexus Enform App Suite, has been upgraded to include iHeartRadio™ 4.0 and added Slacker for more music-listening choices.
When upgrading to the F Sport package owners will change up some standard 450h features including:
- 8-inch split five-spoke alloy wheels will be replaced by those with 19-inch staggered-width alloys (wider wheels in rear)
- F SPORT tuned version of the standard Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS) with Sport S+ mode lets the driver sharpen agility by using the Lexus Drive Mode selector
- Four-wheel steering control of the Lexus Dynamic Handling System (Variable Gear Ratio Steering plus Dynamic Rear Steering)
- Larger front brakes with hi-friction pads add extra assurance during performance driving
- Unique front bumper and rear lower valence, mesh front grille inserts and rear lip spoiler
- Perforated leather trim on the interior and the 16-way power sport driver seat is accented by striated aluminum trim, aluminum pedals and door scuff plates and a black headliner
Additional features standard to all 450h sedans include Lexus Drive Mode selector featuring five modes, HD Radio™, Bluetooth® audio, automatic phone book transfer, a vehicle information display and complimentary traffic and weather data provided via HD Radio, navigation, and Sirii® Eyes Free Mode.