All-New 2015 Honda CR-V Gets Bold and Aggressive
The new 2015 Honda CR-V hits dealerships today with what Honda claims is the “most significant mid-model cycle refresh in its history.” In typical Honda fashion, a base model is offered, in this case the LX, and optional equipment builds as you proceed up through the trim levels to the top of the line. For 2015, that top of the line is the all-new premium Touring trim.
All trim levels are powered by Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology™ 2.4-liter direct-injected 4-cylinder engine which produces 185 horsepower and 181 lb-ft of torque, an 11% increase over its predecessor. Earth Dreams Technology™ refers to the latest family of Honda engines. Honda uses extensive friction reduction and electronic valve timing to increase engine efficiency and mates the engines to their new continuously variable transmission to further increase fuel economy.
Suspension design was updated in the CR-V with new shock absorber tuning to give a more refined ride experience while the rear multi-link system creates a comfortable ride while helping to maximize rear seating and cargo space. The CR-V is built around Honda’s next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ body structure designed to make it more effective at absorbing and dispersing crash energy. The body received more than 60 changes to improve its collision performance. Honda expects a TOP SAFETY PICK+ rating from IIHS as well as a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from NHTSA.
No refresh is complete without a facelift and the 2015 CR-V gets just that with the “H” grille similar to the Fit and LED surrounds around thinner headlamp housings the new look is an upgrade over the outgoing model’s plain appearance. New side mirror design and upgraded front and rear fasciae contribute to the dynamic appearance of the new model. Interior styling includes a re-worked center console and armrest as well as rear HVAC vents. Honda’s common sense, intuitive controls remain.
- LX – The basic trim level featuring styling upgrades, center console/armrest upgrade, rear HVAC vents, and sliding visors.
- EX – Builds on the LX standard features with a 7-inch audio display, 10 way power driver’s seat, push button start, and Honda Lane Watch™ among others.
- EX-L – Adds an auto-dimming rearview mirror, dual zone auto HVAC, leather, and SiriusXM® among other features.
- EX-L Navi – Adds HD Radio and Honda Navigation System.
- Touring – This brand new trim level is top of the CR-V line and builds on the previous trim levels by adding Forward Collision Warning, Collision Mitigation Braking System™, Lane Keeping Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Adaptive Cruise Control, HomeLink remote system, and special Touring badging among other features.
Pricing for the LX (front-wheel drive) begins at $23,320 and goes up to $32,770 for an all-wheel drive Touring. EPA estimates for front-wheel drive CR-V’s is 27 city/34 highway/29 combined; for all-wheel drive models is 26 city/33 highway/28 combined.