Toyota Debuts Refreshed Avalon, Special Edition Camry and Corolla at Chicago Auto Show
The autumn, the United States will see three new facias in their Toyota dealership showrooms when the 2016 Avalon, Camry Special Edition, and Carrolla Special Edition are available for sale. Information about all three vehicles debuted last week at the Chicago Auto Show.
Refreshed 2016 Avalon
Four years since it was debuted as “all-new,” Toyota looks to give consumers more choice when they choose an Avalon. Five distinct grades on the V6 models will give customers a wide array of choice (XLE, XLE Plus, XLE Premium, Limited and Touring) while hybrid customers can choose from three separate grades, XLE Plus, XLE Premium, and Limited.
Touted as great improvements over the previous design, two unique suspension systems were developed for the 2016 Avalon to better align with diverse customer preferences. One retuned suspension prioritizes a comfortable ride for the XLE through Limited grades. The other, provides a more dynamic and responsive driving experience for the Touring grade.
New features on all Avalon grades will include:
- Wider lower front grille with narrow upper grille design
- Newly-designed turn signals (replacing fog lights)
- Refined LED taillights
- Chrome rear bumper accent
- New gray accent stitching with light gray interior
Additional new standard features on the XLE and XLE Plus grades include:
- Redesigned 17-inch alloy wheels
- 7-inch Entune Audio Plus screen
- Premium woodgrain dash ornamentation
- Tire-specific Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Technology upgrades are added to the Avalon XLE Premium grade as it receives Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite and the Qi Wireless Charging as standard equipment. The performance-tuned Avalon Touring grade adds to its sporty styling with new standard features that include:
- Redesigned 18-inch dark gray painted alloy wheels
- New sporty front fascia
- New LED headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Unique “Touring” badge
The top-of-the-line Avalon Limited rounds out the updates with the addition of new 18-inch alloy Super Chrome wheels on gas models, and new 17-inch alloy Super Chrome wheels on the Limited hybrid (also optional on gas Limited). The Limited adds optional advanced safety features including automatic high beam headlights, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Pre-Collision System, and Lane Departure Alert.
Camry Special Edition
When Toyota set out to design the Camry Special Edition, they went for a floor to ceiling overhaul, re-engineerring nearly 2,000 parts leaving only the roof unchanged.
Based on the Camry SE, the limited production Camry will add sporty interior and exterior features. In addition to features found on the Camry SE, standard equipment on the Special Edition will include:
- Unique 18-inch alloy wheels with machined face contrasted with gloss black painted accents
- Power tilt/slide moonroof
- Smoked tail lamp treatment
- High contrast blue stitching on the seats, shift boot and dash
- Exclusive sport appearance seats trimmed with black SofTex® bolsters and blue patterned inserts
- Sport meter cluster with blue details and white background
- Entune Audio Plus
- Available Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite
- Smart Key with pushbutton start
- Qi Wireless Charging
- Two exterior colors: Blizzard Pearl and new Blue Streak Metallic
- Floor mats with logo and unique exterior badge
The Camry Special Edition will be powered by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. Like all Toyota vehicles, the Camry Special Edition will come standard with the Star Safety System.
Production of the Camry Special Edition will be limited to approximately 12,000 units.
Corrolla Special Edition
Sporty styling features, inside and out, complement a spirited driving experience made possible with steering wheel paddle shifters, rear disc brakes and Sport Driving Mode along with an array of additional standard features in the new limited production Corrolla.
Based on the sporty Corolla S Plus grade, the 2016 Corolla Special Edition will feature:
- Unique 17-inch alloy wheels with gloss black finish
- Black mixed media seats with red contrast stitching
- Red accented dash and door trim
- Smart Key System with pushbutton start
- Three colors: exclusive Absolutely Red, Black Sand Pearl and Super White
- Special Edition floor mats with logo and unique exterior badge
Toyota’s Entune™ Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite and power tilt/slide moonroof will be available as options.
The Corolla Special Edition will be limited to 8,000 units.
image courtesy of Toyota