Toyota Refreshes RAV4 Based on Consumer Feedback
What can make the RAV4 better? More family-friendly? Toyota asked RAV4 drivers and the results are evident in the 2016 RAV4, revealed today at the New York International Auto Show.
In addition to a first-ever hybrid version of the small SUV, the conventional gas version RAV4 will come in four grades: LE, XLE, Limited and the new SE. Together with the new Hybrid XLE and Limited, all 2016 RAV4 models will feature refreshed exterior styling, providing a sleeker, more dynamic appearance.
In line with industry trends, the new RAV4 features a stronger looking front fascia with an available LED trifecta (Headlights, Daytime Running Lights and Hi-Lo Headlights). A new rear bumper and lift gate come with available LED taillights. Additional new exterior features include front and rear silver skid plate garnishes on most models and a standard shark fin antenna. An all-new wheel lineup and three new exterior paint colors (Silver Sky Metallic, Black Currant Metallic, and Electric Storm Blue) round out the exterior design.
Toyota listened to customer feedback and added more refinement and technology to the interior. New features include:
- Improved interior quality with more premium materials
- Available 4.2-inch TFT multi-information display in a revised gauge cluster
- Available 7-inch touch-sensitive display audio touch screen
- Leather steering wheel (excluding LE)
- Updated interior shifter and window/lock control bezel material
- Revised cup holder design to accommodate tall mugs with handles
- New sunglasses holder
- Additional USB added to front and one 12V power outlet added to rear
- New interior colors (Tan, Beige and on SE a Tan/Black combination)
- Soft touch material on upper door panel and lower dash
Additional convenience technologies include front and rear parking sonar, available Smart Key, and a Homelink® garage door opener (standard on Limited grade). The LE grade will have an available Scout cell phone based navigation system. All RAV4 XLE, SE and Limited models will come standard with SiriusXM All-Access Radio with a 3-month complimentary trial.
RAV4 will also offer a new Bird’s Eye View Monitor. This Toyota-first technology utilizes four cameras that are mounted on the front, side mirrors and rear of the vehicle to give the driver a panoramic view of their surroundings. The system offers drivers assistance when parallel parking, and when pulling in and out of parking spaces. The Bird’s Eye View Monitor system also has an industry-first feature called Perimeter Scan, that gives drivers a live rotating 360 degree view of what is around the vehicle, helping them see objects that could be in the way.
The new SE grade features a sport-tuned suspension, providing a more dynamic and responsive driving experience complete with premium convenience features and performance styling cues, inside and out. Additional equipment and sporty design cues unique to the SE include:
- 18-inch Alloy Wheels
- LED Headlights and Taillights
- SofTex Seats with power driver’s seat and contrast stitching (also on Limited)
- Two interior colors (Black and Black/Tan)
- Bumper and lower grille design
- 4.2-inch color TFT multi-information display with a meter cluster, twin dials, red illumination and red pointer
- Distinctive interior with Black headliner and gunmetal finish
- Paddle shifters
The SE will also include an S-Code paint design consisting of three available upper exterior colors (Super White, Black Sand Pearl, and Electric Storm Blue) mated to a Classic Silver Metallic on the lower trim of the vehicle.
The 2016 RAV4 will be among the first U.S. models with Toyota Safety Sense (TSS), a new multi-feature advanced safety package anchored by automated pre-collision braking. TSS bundles cutting edge safety technologies including:
- Pre-Collision System
- Forward Collision Warning
- Lane Departure Alert
- Automatic High Beams
- Pedestrian Pre-Collision System
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
TSS will be standard on 2016 RAV4 Limited grades.
Expect to see all models of the RAV4 on showroom floors later this year. Pricing has not yet been announced.
Pingback: Hyundai Ups the Crossover Ante with Completely Redesigned 2016 Tucson | Drive My Family