Buick Introduces “Spirited” 2016 Encore Sport Touring
Looking like it should announced as part of a press release that includes words like zip, nimble, and agile, Buick has introduced the 2016 Encore Sport Touring.
Looking to put a little fun back in the popular SUV, the 2016 Encore Sport Touring will feature an all-new direct injection 1.4L turbocharged engine, a winged rear spoiler, 18-inch aluminum premium-finish wheels and body-color door handles. The engine is expected to produce 153 hp (112 kW) and 177 lb-ft of torque (240 Nm)- an 11% horsepower gain and 20% torque gain on regular Encore trim levels.
Additional standard features of the 2016 Encore Sport Touring include:
- Seating for up to five people
- 48.4 cubic feet of storage space
- Blue-accented halogen composite projector-beam headlamps
- IntelliLink voice-activated infotainment system with a seven-inch-diagonal, high-resolution, full-color display
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with a Wi-Fi hotspot, including a three-month/3GB data trial
- Rearview camera system
- Fold-flat front passenger seat that extends the cargo length and accommodates items up to eight feet long
- Ten standard air bags, including side-curtain and knee air bags
- QuietTuning with Bose Active Noise Cancellation technology
- Heated outside rearview mirrors with signal indicators
- Fuel-saving electric power steering
- Four-wheel disc brakes.
Encore Sport Touring also includes the Convenience package, which adds a 120-volt power outlet, auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, dual-zone climate control, fog lamps, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert and remote starting.
All-wheel drive, a premium Bose® audio system, navigation radio and a moonroof are available.