Hyundai Adds Features to Santa Fe, Keeps Base Price the Same for 2016
Hyundai is beefing up the 2016 Santa Fe with more features than ever and keeping the midsize CUV’s base price the same.
Among the enhancements for the new model year are updates to the manufacturer’s Driver Selectable Steering Mode aimed at creating a firmer steering feel.
Standard features include:
- remote keyless entry with alarm
- body color heated exterior power mirrors with driver’s blind spot mirror
- LED headlight accents
- steering wheel mounted audio and cruise control
- Bluetooth hands-free phone system.
Premium options include:
- xenon headlights
- panoramic sunroof
- 12-speaker Infinity Logic7® surround sound audio system
- Hands-Free Smart Liftgate with Auto Open.
To simplify the Santa Fe lineup, the GLS (7-passenger) trim has been renamed SE for 2016 and the saddle interior option is no longer available on the Santa Fe Sport or Santa Fe. Java Espresso replaces Frosted Mocha on the exterior paint color palette on the 3-row Santa Fe.
Standard safety equipment on the 2016 Santa Fe lineup includes:
- Vehicle Stability Management with Electronic Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- seven airbags including a driver’s knee airbag
- four-wheel disc brakes with ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution
- Brake Assist
- Hill-start Assist Control with Downhill Brake Control
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System.