Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler, Ram Owners Eligible for Recall-Completion Incentives
Have you missed a recall? FCA has begun contacting customers whom the company deems eligible for recall-completion incentives.
“Remedies are available, we are servicing vehicles and we encourage affected customers to contact their dealers,” says Scott Kunselman, Senior Vice President – Vehicle Safety and Regulatory Compliance. “It is imperative that all vehicles implicated by recalls are inspected and serviced, as required.”
Mailings to incentive-eligible 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee and 2002-2007 Jeep Liberty owners affected by NHTSA recall 13V-252 (FCA US N45 and N46) are complete for vehicles that remained unremedied as of July 24, 2015. To determine if your vehicle is effected by the recall enter your vehicle’s VIN at www.safercar.gov. If its status is “open,” it is unremedied and therefore eligible.
Owners of the affected Grand Cherokee vehicles may choose one of two options:
- Receive a $100 Visa Prepaid Card for unrestricted use upon completion of recall-related service. (Customers who had their recalls completed on or after July 24, 2015, also are entitled to receive the prepaid card.)
- Trade in the vehicle and receive a $1,000 incentive toward the purchase of a new vehicle, or a $1,000 Visa Prepaid Card usable for parts or service at the FCA US dealership accepting the trade-in.
Owners of the affected Liberty SUVs will, on completion of the recall-related service, receive a $100 Visa Prepaid Card for unrestricted use.
Additional vehicles eligible for incentives (affected by NHTSA recalls 13V-038, 13V-527 and 13V-529 (FCA US N08, R16 and N49, respectively) if not remedied by July 24, 2015 include:
- 2009 Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango SUVs produced from January 3, 2008, through December 18, 2008
- 2009-2012 Dodge Ram/Ram 1500 pickups produced from February 27, 2008, through June 30, 2009; and from December 1, 2009, through October 20, 2011
- 2009-2011 Dodge Dakota pickups produced from February 27, 2007, through June 30, 2009; and from December 1, 2009, through September 30, 2011
- 2008-2012 Dodge Ram/Ram 2500 and 3500 4×4 pickups
- 2008-2012 Dodge Ram/Ram 3500 4×2 Cab Chassis vehicles
- 2008 Dodge Ram/Ram Mega Cab 4×4 pickups
- 2008-2012 Dodge Ram/Ram 4500 and 5500 trucks produced from February 20, 2007, through December 2012
Owners of eligible vehicles from the above list may schedule service and, upon completion, receive a $100 Visa PrePaid Card for unrestricted use. Customers who had their recalls completed on or after July 24, 2015, also are entitled to receive the prepaid card.
Alternately, customers may negotiate trade-ins on new vehicles – a program that expires at midnight, January 4, 2016 – or opt for a repurchase plan that, like the prepaid card incentives, has no expiry date. To take advantage of the trade-in offer, a customer and dealer establish a value for the trade-in vehicle, complete the purchase of a new vehicle and receive – in addition to all current applicable incentives – a $2,000 incentive on a Ram-brand vehicle or $1,000 on a Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge or Fiat vehicle.
To participate in the repurchase program, owners may visit www.fcarecall.com where they will see a preliminary estimated value of their vehicles, according to “good” market value, plus 10%. Modification costs are excluded unless verification is provided to show the modification was part of the original purchase.
Beginning Oct. 1, 2015, customers may contact dealers to arrange for vehicle inspections. Dealers will then call a third-party administrator to complete the inspection and present a final offer to customers, who then have three options:
- Opt for the recall repair and receive a $100 Visa Prepaid Card for unrestricted use
- Accept the repurchase offer
- Opt for the trade-in incentive, which is available through Jan. 4, 2016