Buick LaCrosse Gets Lighter, Stronger and More Technology for 2017
The cover has pulled back, unveiling the new face of Buick- the all-new 2017 LaCrosse.
Taking cues from the Avenir concept, the 2017 LaCrosse features a new grille design complete with a tricolor Buick tri-shield insignia.
The 2017 LaCrosse has also gotten longer, lower and wider than its previous generation and shed 300 pounds.
Under the hood buyers will find a second-generation 3.6L V-6 engine paired with a new eight-speed automatic transmission.
Additional new and enhanced features include:
- New five-link rear suspension and available HiPer Strut front suspension
- Available electronically controlled Continuous Damping Control active suspension with selectable Touring and Sport modes
- Driver-selectable Electronic Precision Shift
- An available advanced, all-new dual-clutch all-wheel drive system
- Efficiency-enhancing low-drag disc brakes with Duralife rotors
- Electric power steering system with Lead/Pull Compensation
- Easier rear-seat entry/egress
- More usable storage space
- Technologies including available wireless charging, available Teen Driver and configurable, LED driver information center with 8-inch-diagonal color display
- Perforated leather-appointed front seats with new lumbar massaging feature
- IntelliLink with frameless 8-inch-diagonal color touchscreen featuring Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot integration.
The 2017 LaCrosse also features active and passive safety technology including 10 standard airbags, Front Pedestrian Braking, Lane Keep Assist, Automatic Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Automatic Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Vision Camera and Safety Alert Seat.
The 2017 Buick LaCrosse is set to arrive at dealerships in early summer 2016.
image courtesy of Buick