2017 Lincoln MKZ is Design Quality, Performance and Style Focused
The 2017 Lincoln MKZ is markedly more sophisticated than previous generations due to the brand’s focus on three areas most desired by today’s luxury midsize sedan customer – quality, performance and style.
“Our customers are looking for three attributes in a luxury midsize sedan – technologies that ease their everyday experience, a beautiful design that is crafted with attention to detail, and a vehicle with impressive power that makes it a pleasure to drive,” said Kumar Galhotra, president of Lincoln. “The new Lincoln MKZ elevates all of these attributes – and many more – to create a compelling entry in this large and highly competitive portion of the luxury market.”
Lincoln is highlighting new and improved features in numerous categories:
- Available adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality automatically can slow the car, resuming higher speeds when traffic clears.
- Auto hold keeps the car at a complete stop without the driver having to press and hold the brake pedal.
- Available enhanced park assist uses ultrasonic sensors to help Lincoln MKZ steer itself into a parallel or perpendicular parking spot.
- Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection is an available technology that can help avoid some frontal crashes, or lessen the severity of such events.
- An all-new, Lincoln-exclusive 3.0-liter GTDI V6 is paired with an intelligent all-wheel-drive system and produces 400 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque.
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring is part of an available Driver’s Package for MKZ with the 3.0-liter engine.
- There’s a hybrid alternative. A 2.0-liter GTDI, 245-horsepower four-cylinder engine with front-wheel drive is available.
- The front end of the MKZ is highlighted by available adaptive LED headlamps and an new one-piece grille.
- Inside, engineers paid particular attention to the sound and feel of new switches and dials that replace slider adjustments for easier control of ventilation and audio functions for new Lincoln MKZ customers. Commonly used buttons and USB ports are now easier to access.
- Lincoln MKZ’s available fully retractable panoramic glass roof offers the largest open-air roof among sedans.
- There are two new Lincoln Black Label themes, Chalet and Vineyard.
The 2017 Lincoln MKZ goes on sale in summer 2016.