GMC Introduces Sierra All Terrain X
It looks like the Sierra is getting a bit of the Raptor treatment. Hot off the heels of the debut of Nissan’s TITAN XD Warrior Concept, GMC has announced they will be offering a special edition of their All Terrain model in 2016.
The 2016 Sierra All Terrain X is designed to enhance off-road capability and has an aggressive, nearly blacked out monochromatic appearance. GMC lists the trucks highlights to include:
- 4WD with Eaton locking rear differential
- Z71 Off-Road suspension package with Rancho monotube shocks, high-capacity air cleaner, Hill Descent Control and underbody transfer case shield
- Rear Park Assist
- Unique grille with body-color surround and tinted chrome accents; body-color front and rear bumpers (rear bumper with corner steps)
- Spray-on bedliner
- All-Terrain-logo instrument cluster
- Inclinometer in the driver information center.
The trim level will be offered on the 2016 Sierra 1500 4WD crew cab/short box models with SLT trim. In addition to the standard All Terrain content, the “X” package includes:
- 265/65R18SL Mud-Terrain-rated Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac MT tires, designed for off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud, with on-road composure in dry, wet and wintry conditions
- 18 x 8.5-inch black aluminum wheels
- Sport side steps (black)
- Bed-mounted sport bar (black) designed to support the accessory off-road LED lighting package
- High-performance LED headlamps
- Performance exhaust system, which bumps output of the 5.3L V-8 engine to 365 horsepower and adds an aggressive note
- Body-color door handles and body-side moldings
- Black exterior mirrors, belt moldings and B-pillars
- Interior floor liners
- Available colors: Onyx Black, Summit White, Stone Blue Metallic, Iridium Metallic, Crimson Red Tintcoat, Light Steel Gray Metallic.
The 2016 Sierra All Terrain X will go on sale in Spring 2016.