Chevrolet Reveals New Cruze Hatchback Ahead of NAIAS
We won’t see it in person until the curtain is lifted at the North American International Auto Show but today Chevrolet introduced the 2017 Cruze Hatchback giving customers a sportier choice that will likely compete with the Mazda3 and Hyundai Elantra GT.
Here’s what we know so far.
Unique to the Cruze Hatchback buyers will find:
- 22.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the rear seat
- 47.2 cubic feet of space with the rear seat folded
- a unique roof and rear-end structure – including wraparound taillamps and an integrated spoiler at the top of the lift gate.
Features of both the Cruze and Cruze Hatchback include:
- Segment-exclusive standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility via the MyLink radio systems and available 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot
- More standard safety features than any other compact car – including Corolla and Civic – with available adaptive features including Lane Keep Assist, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Side Blind Zone Alert and Rear Park Assist
- Available Teen Driver feature helps support safe driving habits and offers driving statistics for parents
- Standard 1.4L turbo engine with direct injection and Stop/Start technologies, electric power steering and, on Premier models, a Z-link rear suspension
- Interior with midsize-level roominess, including two inches greater rear legroom than Ford Focus and Hyundai Elantra
- Available features include a heated steering wheel, heated front and rear seats, Athens leather-appointed seating surfaces, true French seams and halogen projector-beam headlamps with LED signature lighting.
The 2017 Cruze Hatchback will go on sale in fall 2016.